The mission of Fond du Lac (Nahgahchiwanong) Tribal College is to provide associate degrees and certificates for its Anishinaabeg and other communities in a welcoming and culturally relevant learning environment.
Our vision is to promote education, outreach, extension, partnerships, joint ventures and collaboration with American Indian communities, and other higher education institutions to enhance the Fond du Lac Band’s participation in local, state, national and global communities.
Fond du Lac Tribal College values Mino-bimaadiziwin (the good path). Our curriculum will reflect our teaching of these 9 core values of the Anishinaabeg.
- Honor the Creator
- Honor Elders
- Honor Plants and Animals
- Honor Women
- Keep our promises and uphold our pledges
- Show kindness and respect to all
- Be peaceful in mind and spirit
- Be courageous
- Be moderate in thoughts, words, and deeds
To achieve this mission and vision we will:
- Provide access to under graduate higher education by promoting scholarship and academic excellence through transfer, developmental and career education.
- Respectfully promote the language, culture, and history of the Anishinaabeg.
- Provide programs that will honor and celebrate the cultural diversity within Anishinaabeg communities and to welcome and promote other native peoples and their cultures.
- Provide programs that fulfill our land grant status.
- Provide state of the art technological opportunities and experiences, preparing students for the future.
- Provide opportunities that promote understanding and collaboration with community members to ensure cultural awareness and diversity.